Firstly, a few quick clerical things:
- 🔐 Please keep this update “within the family”. Don’t share with others.
- 🤝 We use Cabal for managing investor/advisor intros. If you haven’t shared your LinkedIn connections, I’m going hunt you down and make you do it next week. 🔫
Anon friends, investors, and co-conspirators —
Welcome to the 5th iteration of the monthly Anon.com investor update!
📈 Key Metrics
- ARR = $102,000 (+$102,000 since last month)
- Signed customers: 2
- Avg. ARR/customer: $51,000
- Runway = 21 months (-1 since last month)
- Team size = 5 FTEs (+1 & -1 FTEs since last month, so net +/-0.)
- 2 offers outstanding which would increase to 7 FTEs.
We talk about partnerships and signed contracts in this update, but don’t mention partner names just yet. Be patient, we’ll announce these in September.
- We signed >$100k in ARR in the last 7 days. We have had significant demand from AI companies validating our thesis that user-permissioned interoperability will be critical infrastructure.
- The site is live. We launched our first real website (www.anon.com) a few weeks ago and have had ≥1.5k visitors since launch. Developer docs are by invite only but also live.
- Customers love the product demos. Kudos to Kai and Julian for getting the product ready for 2 live demos which have sealed our initial contracts.
- Growing the engineering team has been hard, as we parted ways with our Founding Engineer hire from the last update.
- We’ve had to hustle. The aforementioned loss hit our engineering bandwidth at a bad time, so we’ve been working very crazy hours to build for all these new partners.
- We need mid/senior backend engineers. We especially love ex-founder/CTOs or founding engineers at startups running low on 💰. Send any candidates to our new careers page, or introduce us directly for a conversation! LA is preferred, but remote is okay.
- Beta partner introductions. We can’t support any new partners on a September/October timeframe, but would love to meet partners for integration in November/December.
- Intro us to 🤖 AI agent companies building agents that “take actions” as users and interact with other services (e.g. booking travel, sourcing leads, sending messages, etc.).
- Cabal intro link here.
- Intro us to 👤 personalized AI companies that are trained on external data to act like a specific person (could be “you”, creators/influencers, experts, celebrities, etc.).
- Cabal intro link here.
- Intro us to 🧑💻 VA/EA services, BPOs, labor marketplaces or really any service where a human (usually offshore/remote) needs your account credentials to do things as you.
- Cabal intro link here.
- Shoutout to Jordi Hays for the introduction that led to our first booked ARR, and congratulations on the acquisition announcement for Capital!
- Shoutout to Winnie at BTVC and to Raullen Chai for both making an intro to the same person the same day (lol) that also resulted in booked ARR for Anon!
- Shoutout to Jonathan Awad for being an introduction machine and for co-hosting an incredible happy hour during a quick trip to NYC.
- Shoutout to Thomas Klocanas from BTVC for becoming a Dad in August! ❤️🍼
- Technically, we are pre-product, but have hit some major milestones recently:
- Developer docs are live! Link here, but permission is required.
- Two partner demos successfully completed, resulting in signed contracts.
- Mockups for a future UI are near-complete, but we’re launching SDK-only.
- Anon SDK V1.0 (the first live externally-usable version of the product) should be live mid-September for our first partner to begin integrating.
- Crude product demo below for anyone interested (don’t share).
- The full-time team is just 4 right now — Daniel, Peter, Kai, Julian.
- We have 3 more hires that have either accepted or tentatively accepted offers. We will share full bios when they formally onboard next month:
- Mid-level Backend Engineer (interned for me in the past; Harvard CS / Amazon)
- Senior Backend/Fullstack Engineer (Kai’s former coworker and classmate at MIT)
- Lead Product Designer (built our site, early mockups as a rockstar contractor)
- We will be 7 FTEs post-onboarding. We are likely hiring 1-2 more engineers.
🚀 Sales Pipeline
SDK Pipeline: All our early customers are integrating with Anon’s SDK product. This product is perfect for highly-technical teams like AI startups.
- 💰 Closed/Won (SDK) 2 ($102 ARR)
- 🖊️ In Contracting (SDK): 1 ($60k in ARR)
- 🏗️ Pipeline (SDK): 55
Full App Pipeline: In the future, we will also launch a standalone application that lets non-technical teams use Anon’s functionality (think 1Password, but built for identity sharing). This is on the 2024 roadmap, but we are building a waitlist now.
- ✅ Signed waitlist agreement: 3
- 📝 Waitlist agreement pipeline: 41
🚀 Brand / Marketing
- We launched www.anon.com! We would love any feedback you have on messaging clarity as we strive to make a complicated, technical product digestible to a broader audience.
- We plan to formally change our LinkedIn profiles to Anon (coming out of stealth!) in the next 1-2 weeks. We will share a post then that we would love for each of you to re-share on LinkedIn and/or Twitter (the only places we will have a presence, for now).